Below are the Guidelines and Rules that all Anime Boston staff members are expected to follow. All new staff members must agree to abide by these rules before joining.
Although all staff positions are unpaid, there are a number of benefits to being a member of the Anime Boston 2020 staff:
- Free membership (for yourself) to attend Anime Boston 2020.
- Free hotel stay in a room shared with no more than three other staff members from Thursday night through Monday morning of the convention weekend.
- Two free meals on Friday and Saturday and one free meal on Sunday.
- One free Anime Boston 2020 staff T-shirt (additional staff T-shirts may be purchased at-cost).
- Not required to wait in line for programming events while off duty, as long as space is available.
- Access to the "Dead Dog Party" after the convention is over.
- Staff members must be at least 18 years of age as of the Thursday prior to the convention.
- Staff members must be able to attend Anime Boston 2020 from the late afternoon/early evening of Thursday through the evening of Sunday.
- Staff members must show up on time and be prepared to work their assigned shifts. Generally, staff are expected to work at least 24 hours over the weekend of Anime Boston. It is likely you will be asked to work more hours at the discretion of your Department Head.
- Staff members must respond to emails from their Department Head in a timely manner.
- Staff members are required to keep their personal contact information and emergency contact information up to date by informing either their Department Head or the Convention Secretary.
- Staff members should read the Anime Boston 2020 Staff Forum at least once a month to keep up on current convention planning activities.
- Staff members give permission for Anime Boston to use their likeness for staff-only identification and descriptions.
- Staff members must attend all mandatory staff meetings unless they receive exemption from their supervisor.
- All staff members are encouraged to attend as many non-mandatory staff meetings as possible.
- All staff members are required to help with the Sunday evening pack-up after the convention ends.
- All staff members are expected to conduct themselves in a courteous and professional manner. All staff are viewed as representatives of Anime Boston to the public, regardless of whether they are on duty at the convention or not.
- Staff members must follow all rules of Anime Boston, hotels, and the MCCA.
- All staff must be respectful and mindful of their fellow staffers, hotel roommates, guests of honor, industry personnel, vendors, and the convention attendees.
- Staff badges must be displayed at all times.
- Staff members must not abuse the privileges of having a staff badge.
- Staff are not allowed to consume alcohol while on duty.
- While not on duty, staff members are welcome to enjoy the convention; however, they must still be in a condition to report for their shifts as required.
- Staff members are not permitted to allow non-staff in staff hotel rooms or staff-only locations.
- Illegal substances are not permitted in staff hotel rooms or in the convention areas.
- Discrimination and/or Harassment of any form will not be tolerated by anyone, at any level.
- All staff must read and adhere to all internal policies as posted by the convention executives.
- Please be clean and presentable while on duty.
- While on duty, all staff members must wear their staff T-shirt unless exempted by their Department Head.
- If working for a vendor while off duty, staff members should not wear their staff T-shirt.
- Staff members may not cosplay while on duty without the approval of their Department Head.
- Staff members must stay in touch with their supervisor prior to the convention.
- Staff members should discuss transfers to another department with both their current supervisor and the head of the new department.
- Each staff position may have its own unique responsibilities in addition to those listed above.
Privacy and Non-Disclosure
- All information received by staff is considered private and is not to be disseminated to the public unless otherwise instructed to by your department head. This includes guest announcements, event announcements, and details of Anime Boston's convention planning process.
- Personal information of attendees, guests, vendors, or staff should not be shared with third parties at any time.
Conflict and Disagreement
- Conflicts with other staff members should not be expressed publicly, including over public online communication.
- If you have issues with another staff member or concerns regarding the convention, please talk to your Department Head, the Convention Chairman, or the Vice Chairman.
If a staff member cannot abide by the above requirements and responsibilities, the following actions may be taken:
- First offense: Warning from direct supervisor.
- Second offense: Warning from Convention Chairman, Vice Chairman, or Division Head.
- Third offense: Reassignment to another staff position or responsibility.
- Fourth offense: Removal from staff with loss of all staff benefits.
Depending on the severity of the offense, the Convention Chairman, Vice Chairman, or Division Head may choose to enact a more severe penalty for each offense, including legal prosecution.