Staff Position Details
Panel Programming Manager
The Panel Programming Manager is responsible for much of the live events during the convention, specifically panels and workshops. He or she will need to receive panel suggestions and submissions, assemble a general schedule of events, confirm panelists/hosts and make sure that everything runs as smoothly as it can during the convention itself.
Specifically, he or she will need to:
- Coordinate all panel programming, both panels and workshops, for the three days of Anime Boston.
- Serve as primary point of communication for questions about panels or panelists, both via email and within the forums.
- Prepare panel and workshop schedule and secure appropriate panelists and hosts.
- Supervise panel and workshop events during the convention: note attendance and panelist performance, ensuring panels run smoothly.
- Communicate with other programming departments to coordinate overall event schedule as well as special live events that bridge multiple departments.
Being familiar with panel programming at other conventions and detailed oriented are both a significant plus.
All staff members are also required to adhere to the Staff Guidelines.