Staff Position Details
Member Relations Assistant Manager
The Assistant Member Relations Manager works with the Manager to oversee Member Relations (Information Desks and Accessibility Services) and Member Relations Staff that supply information to the attendees.
Major responsibilities prior to the convention include:
- Assisting the Member Relations Manager in supplying PR with monthly tips/info for media channels
- Ensuring the Guest Guide is up to date
- Completing information outreach to local businesses for the upcoming convention year. (This includes restaurant hours and menus, train schedules, taxi information, and locations of Banks/ATM machines, hospitals and pharmacies in the area.)
- Assist in maintaining room signs and working with the Art Department to create floor maps and directories for each floor of the convention center and the hotel.
At the convention the manager and assistant manager will be responsible for:
- Coordinating Information and Accessibilities booth and sign set up
- Scheduling and deploying Member Relations staff
- Supporting Info Desk and Accessibility staff
- Checking with other departments to find out about schedule changes relevant to attendee interest.
All staff members are also required to adhere to the Staff Guidelines.