Staff Position Details
Accessibility SpecialistPosition Description and Basic Duties
The primary purpose of this position is to assist members with Accessibility needs during the convention. They will be able to answer questions and assess needs under the rules of the ADA and Convention Policy, while working hand in hand with the Info Desk Staff and Member Relations Management. They will have a scheduled shift during peak times at a designated Info Desk or Accessibility Desk.
Each of these staff members will be required to know the following information:
- A basic understanding of the ADA as it pertains to the convention.
- The convention Accessibility rules and requirements.
- General convention rules and regulations.
- An advanced understanding and familiarity of the convention layout.
- Be able to do a lot of walking around the convention space and be on their feet for long periods of time.
- An understanding of the Security Practices for getting into the convention center as laid out by the Hynes.
- An understanding of any other policies required by Anime Boston and the Hynes Convention Center
All staff members are also required to adhere to the Staff Guidelines.