These policies apply to all members, whether they pre-register or purchase a membership at the door.
- All members agree to comply with Anime Boston rules and policies, the directions of Anime Boston, Massachusetts Convention Center Authority, and Hotel staff, and all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- An attendee may have his or her membership revoked and be expelled from the premises for any reason at the sole discretion of Anime Boston staff. No refund will be given in the event of such an expulsion.
- Members agree to allow photographs and/or video of their likeness to be taken and used by Anime Boston or the New England Anime Society for promotional purposes.
- Members agree to provide complete and accurate registration information. Anime Boston is not responsible if a member cannot be contacted with the information provided during registration.
- Members under the age of 18 (at the start of the convention) must provide an emergency contact phone number when registering.
- Convention memberships are non-refundable and non-transferrable. Memberships/badges may not be resold. Anime Boston staff reserve the right to check the ID of anyone suspected of carrying a badge that is not their own.
- The only valid registration rates are those posted on the Anime Boston Registration website. No discounts will be given except as listed there.
- Pre-registration credit card payments must be made at the same time as pre-registration. Mail- in payments must be received within 2 weeks of the pre-registration date, or the registration may be cancelled. Payments that fail to clear are subject to a $20 service charge prior to reinstatement of the membership or purchase of a membership to any future Anime Boston event. Anime Boston is not responsible for payments lost in the mail.
- Membership badges are only available for pickup at the convention during listed Registration Hours. Badges will not be mailed. No attendee badges of any sort will be issued outside of these hours.
- A valid photo ID is required for pre-registration badge pickup. Minors without a photo ID may pick up their badges when accompanied by a parent or legal guardian with a valid photo ID. Any type of photo ID may be used for badge pickup; however, a government-issued ID is required for 18+ events.
- A valid photo ID is required for all at-con membership purchases made with a credit card.
- Members purchasing badges at the door may only purchase one badge per person.
- Each pre-registered member must pick up their own badge. Group leaders are not allowed to pick up badges for other members of their party.
- Child members (ages 6-12 at the start of the convention) must be registered at the same time as a paying adult (18+) member, who must accompany them at the time of badge pickup.
- Child under 6 members (ages 0-5 at the start of the convention) must be registered at the same time as a paying adult (18+) member, who must accompany them at all times within the convention space.
- Badges must be worn and visible at all times. Each attendee must retain possession of his or her own badge for the duration of the convention and may not loan or give the badge to anyone else except as directed by Anime Boston staff.
- No replacement will be provided for lost badges; a new membership must be purchased at the full at-con rate. Damaged badges may be replaced at the discretion of the Director of Registration and must be surrendered at the time of the request.
- Anime Boston reserves the right to censor or refuse badge names that may be considered obscene, vulgar, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate. Such determination will be made at the sole discretion of Anime Boston staff.
- Any person found attempting to forge a membership badge or presenting a forged ID will be removed from the convention and may be banned from future Anime Boston and New England Anime Society events.
- Any attempt to compromise the security of the registration process or gain unauthorized access to attendee data will result in loss of access to the online registration system, loss of Anime Boston membership without refund, and possible legal action. These policies may be modified at any time deemed necessary by Anime Boston.
Registrations are non-refundable, non-replaceable, and non-transferable. See our Registration Policies for details. Pre-registrants will receive their badges at the convention. Bring a photo ID (driver's license, passport, etc.) to the convention when you pick up your badge. Hotel accommodations are not included with registration - contact the hotel directly to reserve a room.