Traditionally located in the pre-function hallway outside of the Dealer's Room (Hall A), Convention/Community Row is an opportunity for fellow anime conventions and local organizations to promote their events/groups to our attendees during Anime Boston. Each group will be provided with an 8 ft table, 2 chairs, and 4 associate level weekend memberships for their staff free of charge. Additional badges may be negotiated on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the Anime Boston Registration Team. Groups are expected to make their own lodging/transportation arrangements.
Note: Tables do not include electricity. There may be wall outlets available, but this is not guaranteed. For the safety of our attendees, all electrical cords must be secured by MCCA-approved methods or we will ask you to remove them. Anyone wishing to guarantee electricity may purchase a power drop from the MCCA.
Applications must be received by 11:59 PM on Sunday, December 31st. They will be evaluated by the Registration Outreach Team. While there are no strict requirements for applying for a space, preference will generally be given to:
- Organizations with whom we have table swap arrangements
- Organizations featuring anime/Japanese pop culture as their primary programming focus
- Educational (501(c)(3)) non-profit organizations promoting aspects of Japanese culture
- Other non-profit organizations (ie: 501(c)(7) social/recreational groups) focused on Japanese animation/culture
- Events with significant anime programming tracks
- New and/or small conventions (fewer than 2,000 individual attendees)
Accepted organizations will be notified by email no later than January 15th, 2018. Each organization has until 11:59 PM on Wednesday, January 31st to claim their space in writing via e-mail; unclaimed spaces will be given to groups on the waiting list.
Please review these policies before requesting a space:
- Each individual organization must apply for their own table. Tables may not be shared under any circumstances.
- The organization must, by March 1st, 2018, provide the full names of all individuals staffing their table. Any changes subsequent to submission must be approved by the Anime Boston Registration Team. All staff members must be at least 18 years of age at the start of the convention.
- Organizations may take pre-registrations for their events, but no other merchandise may be sold. Raffles may be held, but must be free to enter. Providing information on where products can be purchased off-site is also acceptable.
- No items that are in violation of Anime Boston and/or Massachusetts Convention Center Authority policies may be given away, raffled off, or advertised. This includes food and drink items, as well as adhesive-backed stickers/decals.
- Any audio/visual displays must be kept at a reasonable volume so as not to disturb other organizations. Please be considerate of your neighbors and our attendees.
- Audio/visual displays must be appropriate for young audiences. As a general rule, nothing that would receive higher than a PG-13 rating should be included.
- Any display items and/or visual/audio displays deemed inappropriate by Anime Boston Staff must be removed immediately. Failure to do so or re-introduction of the banned items may result in dismissal.
- Anime Boston is not responsible for theft/loss/damage of any personal items displayed at Con Row tables or left at tables unsupervised.
- Any group found providing false/fraudulent information for the purposes of increasing their chances of being selected will be immediately disqualified.
- Failure to abide by any of these policies may result in your organization being removed from Con Row, your memberships revoked, and/or your organization being blacklisted from future Anime Boston conventions.
These policies may be modified at any time at the discretion of the Anime Boston Staff