Please note that the deadline for press pass registration is March 1, 2014. There will be no at-con registration for press. All requests for press passes must be pre-approved.
Anime Boston and The New England Anime Society are pleased to offer press passes to qualified members of the media covering the convention. A press pass not only gives representatives access to the entire convention and preferred seating in the main events room, but additionally, individuals will have the opportunity to access certain areas normally off-limits to the general audience.
A press pass to Anime Boston will grant representatives full access to:
- exhibit halls
- panel rooms
- video rooms
- art rooms
- game rooms
- reserved press seating in the main events room
- press room for one-on-one interviews with guests*
Representatives do not qualify for a press pass if they are:
- a publisher
- a sales representative
- a freelance photographer
- any other non-editorial personnel
- creating a student documentary
- a representative of a web site, fan magazine, or podcast that does not publish anime news or convention reports
- a representative of a web site, fan magazine, or podcast which has not been previously reviewed and approved by Anime Boston's Press Liaison (these will not be approved at the convention)
Representatives must also present a photo ID to obtain their press passes at the convention. Press passes will not be mailed.
Individuals who are not members of a major media outlet (TV station, newspaper, etc) and seek a written letter of approval from Anime Boston's Press Liaison, please fill out our press registration form when it becomes available. Anime Boston reserves the right to refuse or limit press passes to anyone or any organization for any reason. Press passes are not transferable.
If you would like to be added to the Anime Boston press mailing list, please contact our Press Liaison with the subject line "AB Press Mailing List" and list your name, organization, and contact information in the body of the letter.
* Please note that we cannot guarantee approval for requested interviews. Requests will be handled on a case-by-case basis.