Artists' Alley Pro Row
Pro Row is a new sign up opportunity for the Artists' Alley. This was created to answer the numerous requests professional artists have made for an application process specifically for them. Due to space limitations in the Artists' Alley, the standard Artists' Alley Application process is extremely competitive, as it is open to all interested artists.
The Pro Row process will accept applications from professional artists prior to the standard Artists' Alley Application phase. However, the Pro Row Application will use the same format that the standard Artists' Alley Application uses.
Please note that even though this is before the standard Artists' Alley Application phase, Pro Row spaces are still limited in quantity. Pro Row Application will also be on a first come, first served basis, just as the standard Artists' Alley Application. There is a 'loose' jury system also in place. This is intended to make sure that you've fulfilled all of our pro row requirements - not whether you are better than someone else or not- but entry is still first come, first serve. Space is not guaranteed for each applicant; however, there will be a smaller pool of applicants which could make getting space easier. There will also be a specific set of criteria that Pro Row artists must meet before being accepted, as well as a higher cost for the space.
Artists who cannot be accommodated through the Pro Row Application Process will not be automatically transferred into the standard Artists' Alley Application process. They must reapply on their own with the standard Artists' Alley Application with all other artists.
- Higher chance of being accepted due to higher criteria and cost.
- All Pro Row spaces are full 8 foot spaces.
- More likely to receive prime locations in the Artists' Alley. Please note that not all spaces will actually be placed in a single row.
- Each 8 foot space will cost $300. This does not include the cost of convention membership badges.
- All Pro Row artists who are applying as individuals cannot share their space with anyone. They also cannot sell any other artist's work.
- All Pro Row artists who are applying as studios must have been established for at least three years. They must also have projects that the entire studio has worked on together, and not just individual projects. All studio applicants will be investigated to confirm their legitimacy. Information will be gathered from previous Anime Boston Artists' Alley, as well as the Artists' Alley of other conventions.
- The Pro Row is not for a group of individuals who want to pool money to afford an 8 foot space.
- The majority of the artist's work must be original art and not fan art. The focus is on an artist's own creations, and not the intellectual property of someone else. If your website only shows fanart, you will be passed over.
- If you have any questions about qualifying for Pro Row, please contact the Artists' Alley Manager.
- Cancellations of Pro Row space must be made by contacting the Artists' Alley Manager.
- Full table refunds are only available if cancellation is made prior to 01/31/2015. After that, half-refunds will only be available if cancellation is made prior to 02/28/2015. After 02/28/2015, refunds will not be available, no matter the reason.
- Aside from what is stated above, Pro Row artists must comply with all other instructions, rules, and policies as stated in the Artists' Alley FAQ.
- Any Pro Row artists found in violation of the rules stated above or in the Artists' Alley FAQ may be subject to ejection from the Artists' Alley with no refund. This may occur prior to or at the convention.
- The Pro Row Artists' Alley Application can be found here.
- The Pro Row Application will open on Saturday, October 4, 2014 at 1:00 pm EST.
- The Pro Row Application will close on Saturday, October 11, 2014 at 11:59 pm EST.
- As stated above, artists who are not accepted into the Pro Row can fill out the standard Artists' Alley Application when it opens on Saturday, October 25, 2014.